Sally here with some comics curiosities to fill your Friday lunch break!
- Abraham Riesman also interviews Fiona Staples for Vulture, talking Saga (of course) – check it out HERE.
- The Comics Journal features a new interview with Ariell Johnson, owner of Philly’s Amalgam Comics & Coffeehouse, which is now over 2 years old and still going strong – chart the progress HERE.
- Catch up on the Dear Pepper advice column by Liana Finck that comes out every other Thursday on The New Yorker – HERE.
- Here’s a recent interview with Liana Finck on The Comics Beat, where she talks about her new book, Passing For Human.
- I found an article about female cartoonists in Turkey, including Ramize Erer, whose work is pictured above. Read about her HERE.
- Check out the Publishers Weekly review of Mickey Z‘s Space Academy 123.
- Gil Roth talked to Nora Krug on his Virtual Memories Show recently – she is the creator of the newly released memoir Belonging: A German Reckons with History and Home, which is on the top of my TBR pile at the moment. Listen HERE.
Cement Mixer – 10-26-18 – by Caleb Orecchio